Sustainability heroes needed
Engage staff in the Aotearoa Refill Biz Challenge this spring
Spring is when the beverage industry ramps up its advertising of soft / sports drinks and bottled water. So, from now until the end of November, we’re running the Refill Challenge campaign, part of which is the Aotearoa Biz Refill Challenge.
Challenging workplaces to see who can get the most staff to switch to tap and swap those single use plastic bottles for a reusable bottle for 30 days or more. You’ll be helping to reduce plastic waste, CO2 emissions, staff will save $$ and be healthier!!
How it works – 3 easy steps
1. You sign up as an organisation with the short form below
2. Promote the challenge to staff and customers – we can supply images to share, posters to put up.
3. Staff individually sign up here, telling us which organisation they are from
• We track how many people from each organisation have signed up
• We update the weekly leader board on our website and socials to show which organisations are in the lead!
• Your team members go in the draw to win a bunch of awesome prizes
Organisations will be ranked by size and number of staff involved.
Encouraging people to drink more Wai on Tap has a multitude of benefits;
1. Less single use plastic waste in the environment
2. Saves everyone money
3. Less CO2 emissions – by 2030 annual emissions from plastic could be equivalent to those from 295 new coal-fired power plants.
4. Healthier –soft drinks contain large amounts of sugar, contributing to our obesity epidemic.
Why its important
At current rates of production by 2050 – single-use plastic could account for 5 to 10 per cent of the world’s CO2 emissions and there will be more plastic in the ocean by weight than fish.